The core of BKV's business is to produce natural gas from our owned and operated upstream businesses, which we expect to achieve net-zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by the end of 2025. We are located primarily in the Barnett Shale in Texas where we are proud to be the largest natural gas producer by gross operated volume, and the Marcellus Shale in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
The Barnett Shale has a diversified production stream of natural gas and natural gas liquids and condensates approximately 300 miles from major Gulf Coast industrial centers and LNG export markets.
- Location: Denton, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise Counties primarily, as well as small positions in Jack, Ellis, Erath and Hood Counties
- Net Acreage: 458,000 +/-
- Producing Wells: 6,926
- Average Daily Production: 733 MMcfe/d
- Gas Gathering Pipelines: 778 miles
- Midstream Compression Units: 65
- Amine Processing Unit: 1
The vast Marcellus Shale is composed predominately of organically rich shale and is acknowledged as one of North America’s largest and richest sources of natural gas.
- Locations: Bradford, Susquehanna and Wyoming Counties
- Net Acreage: 37,000 +/-
- Producing Wells: 411
- Average Daily Production: 139 MMcfe/d
- Gas Gathering Pipelines: 16 miles
- Freshwater Distribution Pipelines: 15 miles
- Gas Compression Units: 6
Across our operations, we are committed to hard work, innovation and changing the face of natural gas.
As a top 20 gas-weighted natural gas producer in the U.S. market with plans to continue expanding, we have the world-changing opportunity to reduce our environmental footprint by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through a series of strategic projects and technological commitments, and by offsetting remaining operational emissions—from the Barnett to the NEPA Marcellus Shale.