We believe the production of low impact, sustainable energy isn’t simply a good idea, it’s good business.

As part of an industry that plays a significant role in transitioning to a sustainable future, we are passionately dedicated to making advancements in the production of sustainable energy and being a force for good in our society. Our mission is to lead the energy industry toward the safe and profitable production of net-zero natural gas.


Growth in Pennsylvania

Additional acquisitions contribute to further non-operated consolidations throughout the Northeastern Pennsylvania Marcellus, including Chief, Radler, Tug Hill and Zena Energy. As a non-operator now working with top-tier operators in NEPA, BKV recognizes the space for a highly technological, heavily data-driven operating company in the region. BKV begins rapidly developing its own operations capabilities.

BKV begins operations

For the first time, BKV pursues ownership acquisitions of Carrizo, Reliance and Warren Resources in NEPA with the objective of expanding into an operator position while also acquiring additional midstream assets. With the new BKV operating division engaged, BKV is now one of Pennsylvania's top 20 weighted natural gas producers, with interest in 355 active wells with net natural gas production of 160 million cubic feet per day.


Operational focus and corporatization

BKV devotes this time to strengthening its technological, exploration, production and operations infrastructure. BKV builds a NEPA operations facility, showing its commitment to the region and the community, and later sheds its fund structure to emerge as BKV Corporation.


BKV expands across the Barnett

In October 2020, BKV purchases Devon Energy’s Barnett assets in North Texas. The deal includes more than 320,000 gross acres and 4,200 producing wells, making BKV the largest natural gas producer in the Barnett Shale.


BKV purchases Temple 1 Power Plant

BKV partners acquire a power plant in Temple, Texas. Temple I is one of the cleanest natural gas power plants in the United States. The facility was built in 2014 and is equipped with advanced emissions-control technology and adaptable combined cycle turbines.


BKV acquires XTO Energy

In July 2022, BKV acquires XTO Energy, Inc., gaining 160,000 net acres in the Barnett and 750 miles of gathering pipelines, compression, and processing midstream infrastructure, as well as approximately 130 new employees joining BKV's team.


How we got here, and where we’re going.

Scroll Our Timeline
See how we got here

Sustainable, profitable, net-zero natural gas by 2030

See where we’re going

BKV Energy launches Texas-wide

BKV Energy emerges as the newest retail electricity provider in Texas, delivering simple, fair, and transparent energy plans to residents in more than 250 counties—including the deregulated regions of Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley.

Coming soon: BKV's first carbon capture facility

Our strategy is straightforward—emissions are our responsibility. So, rather than relying solely on the purchase of offsets alone, we are taking actionable steps now to reduce our emissions as part of our commitment to pioneer the generation of net-zero natural gas. BKV aims to have one of the first commercial sequestration projects to come online in the U.S. by end of 2023.

Read more on our CCS program


Scope 1 & 2 Net Zero

Our 2021 sustainability report outlined a transparent approach to achieving net-zero Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 2025. Along the journey, pad after pad will realize net-zero greenhouse gas production until we achieve our company-wide targets.

Overall, we project to meet over 77 percent of our emissions reductions through internal technological innovation and operational optimization investments. The remaining ~23 percent of Scope 1 and 2 carbon emission reductions through 2025 is expected to be achieved through investments in solar, carbon capture and carbon offsets.


Sustainable, profitable, net-zero natural gas by 2030

Our People Are Passionate. Innovative. Committed.

Meet our leadership team
Community Engagement

Every company talks about community engagement. But how many have shoveled driveways?

Winter Storm Uri Relief in Texas

Celebrating another wonderful year of the American Warrior Assoc.
Ready to get to work at the Denver Rescue Mission.
Ready to work with the Tarrant Area Food Bank in Texas.
Flower arranging at the NEPA Women Who Work social event.
Ready to work with the Tarrant Area Food Bank in Texas.
The NEPA team during the company-wide sock drive for veterans.
Sorting food for student after school snack packs in Fort Worth, TX
Our team was excited to read to elementary school students in Denver.
Barnett team working on park improvement projects in Bridgeport, TX.

Have a question?

We’re here to answer.

Contact & locations