10 things to look for in enterprise SEO software: 2018 tool review
by Greg Lee, 30 Jan 2018
1. Localized search resultsSince most brands have regional markets, it makes sense to track keywords across a sample of cities. Although this is an option with Moz and other platforms, you may find you’re charged a lot more for each keyword tracked locally. Because Conductor treats these terms like standard keywords, it won’t be cost-restrictive to cleanly track core terms in different cities. Customer reports also illuminate where your business is struggling or where there are areas for easy wins.
2. Google Analytics integrationConductor makes reporting very efficient. Google Analytics traffic, entrances, goals, bounces and the like can be pulled into Conductor’s automated reports. By integrating Google Analytics data, your reports can show category ranking results (or potential) side by side with web performance of content segments reflecting those same categories.
3. Google Search Console integrationGoogle Search stopped passing keyword data for organic results a few years ago. As a result, Google Analytics can no longer show you what keywords drove traffic and conversions. The only keywords you can see in Google Analytics are from paid search or other non-Google search engines. Google Search Console is the only place where you can get information on organic keyword performance (including impressions, clicks, click-through rate and average position), and this data is available only for 90 days in Google Search Console. Without this feature, we’d need to export keywords into multiple spreadsheets every month and manage them. Instead, Conductor automatically pulls this data and manages it in our SEO platform. It makes us more efficient and eliminates human error in pulling and managing large numbers of spreadsheets.
4. Content activity reportingMany brands have a constant queue of website updates. However, some changes can inadvertently affect website rankings and traffic. Conductor allows you to see how changes to your website affect rankings while monitoring content and SEO tags. It keeps a timeline of website changes that can be mapped against traffic and rankings. This is an innovative new feature that tracks the cause and effect of website activity. Have tags been implemented yet? Were they removed? When? Now you know the answers to questions like these. And you see the correlation with rankings and traffic.
5. Content mappingThis feature illustrates any gaps in your content—and shows how that content is performing. Visual reports align with phases of the customer journey. You can customize customer journey phases or content segments to match \your organization’s approach to its audience. Content mapping reports provide data to inform decisions on adding, removing and changing content.
6. Excellent competitor toolsConductor tracks rankings for chosen competitors. Plus, it automatically tracks 100 competing sites that rank for your keywords. Then, it gives you tools to slice and view competitive gaps like:
- Which keywords you rank close to Page 1, but your competitors do not — so that you can make easy wins to gain competitive visibility.
- What keywords are competitors using, and which ones are you missing?
- What are the highest search volume keywords that four competitors rank Page 1, but you do not?
- Where are keyword opportunities that neither you nor competitors rank Page 1?
- Where are you ahead of or behind competitors?
- Who owns what percent of Page 1 (or Top Five) rankings across any category of keywords?
- Who are the competitors you did not consider?
- What sites have market share where you can consider partnership, advertising (direct buy, programmatic white list), provide content, etc.
7. Paid vs. organic reportingThe platform enables you to integrate your paid and organic search approach. Conductor can track organic and paid listings, named competitors and any other sites ranked on Page 1 for your keywords.
- Finds gaps in organic or paid, so you can compensate with the other channel.
- Finds gaps in competitors' paid and organic coverage, so you can take greater advantage.
- Tests road blocking to see how conversion is affected by keywords that rank highly in both paid and organic.
- Saves money by lowering bids on terms that rank organically (that is, test and see how it affects conversions).
8. Insight streamA lot of clients really like this feature: It provides a running feed of insights automatically pulled from your data. You can share these with other members of the organization, start a conversation within the platform or dig into the detailed reporting that generated the insight.
9. Business case reportsUsing a click-through curve (i.e., average click-through rate from Google depending on where you rank) and information from Google Analytics, you can forecast the increased traffic or revenue by employing SEO for a given set of keywords. (Brightedge also has a similar feature.) Before using Conductor or Brightedge, we used to forecast manually with a smaller set of data and much larger assumptions. But Conductor’s business case approach assumes a realistic increase in rankings for each keyword, according to keyword difficulty or competition. Then you can configure the click-through curve and how aggressive of a rank improvement you want to assume.
10. A vast range of templates for reports that can be generated for other roles in the organization.Workspaces—Conductor’s version of customized automated reports—allows for templated designs for specific members of an organization. It makes it easy to quickly put together quarterly reports for executives and leadership, monthly reports for marketing management, ongoing keyword opportunity reports for content writers and plenty more. We customize these reports and schedule them to send to any email at specific intervals. Is there something you’d like to know about your SEO platform? Is there another SEO platform you prefer?
Want to learn more?Contact us!
Get updates; just enter your email below. Simple as that.
by DRUM, 15 Nov 2019
Onboarding Done Right
by DRUM, 15 Nov 2019
Experts Roundtable: See What DRUM’s Specialists Recommend for Your Giving Tuesday Strategy
by DRUM, 06 Nov 2019
What’s missing in your Giving Tuesday strategy? A convo with DRUM’s eCRM expert.
by Kelley Coram, 06 Nov 2019
Mythbusting your Social Strategy for 2020: Our Social Expert Weighs in
by Megan Marks, 06 Nov 2019
5 Impactful Web Design Practices for Landing Pages in 2019
by Joshua McKnight, 25 Jun 2019
Why Brands Need to Focus on Propensity, Not Personas
by Jonathan Zajicek, 19 Jun 2019
Why Video Scalability Should Be A Top Priority For Your Content Budget
by Michael Cruz, 28 May 2019
How to Get Your Brand to Produce More Content
by Michael Cruz, 15 May 2019
Silo Focus May Cost Brands Millions
by George Wiedemann, 13 May 2019
Personalized Video Connects You to Customers
by Rosann Bartle, 30 Apr 2019
AI Generated Content : Fast & Affordable Comes at a Cost
by Steve Steger, 18 Mar 2019
3 Lesser Known Ways to Leverage Video
by Lyndsay Hoff, 18 Mar 2019
When People Start To Get Wealthy Today, What Do They Want From Banks?
by Ben Heiser, 04 Mar 2019
Content Tells. Direct Sells.
by Rosann Bartle, 21 Feb 2019
Behind the Click: Five Cognitive Biases That Drive Action
by Michelle Gunn, PhD, 12 Feb 2019
The Real Game: Google vs. Microsoft
by Jana Ferguson, 05 Feb 2019
Did the Super Bowl Ads Live Up to the Hype?
by Steve Steger, 05 Feb 2019
Super Bowl Quick Takes
by Lesley Goldberg, 05 Feb 2019
Ten Emails I’m Glad I Didn't Have to Read Last Month
by Stephen Steger, 28 Jan 2019
The Top Three Tips to Make You King of the SERP This Black Friday and Cyber Monday
by Margaret Davis, 20 Nov 2018
Voice applications and natural language are bigger than the kitchen.
by Bryan Knouse, 29 Oct 2018
Are you ready for Amazon advertising?
by Debra Wang, 25 Oct 2018
Even Mighty Amazon Can’t Deliver on Grocery Delivery
by David Randolph, 15 Aug 2018
Google’s ready for Its face-lift
by DRUM Media, 25 Jul 2018
Why it’s important to invest in non-branded paid search
by Kelsey Chadwick, 27 Jun 2018
Why paid search should be your go-to media
by Katherine Jianas, 18 Jun 2018
Why Facebook’s Cambridge Analytica scandal makes me thrilled for the future of content marketing
by Ben Heiser, 21 May 2018
YouTube for Nonprofits
by Virginia Doty, 15 May 2018
Takeaways from MarTech 2018
by Michael Cruz, Chief Content Officer, 15 May 2018
Which do your consumers prefer? Inbox or Mailbox? (Infographic)
by DRUM, 14 May 2018
Get smart with Google smart bidding
by Hailee Sosnowski, 27 Apr 2018
The amazing power of personalization
by DRUM, 19 Apr 2018
Beyond once upon a time: dialogue and the art of storytelling 2.0
by Michelle Gunn, PhD, VP/Creative Director, 17 Apr 2018
SEM 101 for Nonprofits
by Jay Reyes & Chase Bender, 12 Apr 2018
How to inspire workplace creativity
by Stephen Steger, 03 Apr 2018
Local SEO for brands and franchises: Top 3 tips from 15 SEO experts
by Greg Lee, 02 Apr 2018
Next steps for advertisers after the Cambridge Analytica Facebook breach
by Traci Hendrix, 26 Mar 2018
Are you ready for the GDPR? A guide for advertising agencies
by Jerelle Gainey and Debra Wang, 15 Mar 2018
Q&A: Experts dish on the future of paid search
by Chelsea Huston, 06 Mar 2018
Why content moments are the key to understanding content marketing
by Ben Heiser, 28 Feb 2018
Why bad advertising is a form of bad manners: lessons from a Ugandan storefront
by Scott Johnson, 20 Feb 2018
Retailers and the lower funnel trap
by David Randolph, 06 Feb 2018
What’s the body language of your content really saying?
by Zoë Courtman-Smith, 31 Jan 2018
The top 3 PPC marketing search engines of 2018
by Debra Wang and Vladimir Bradic, 26 Jan 2018
How new changes to Google Grant will affect your nonprofit
by Shelby Huckeba, 19 Jan 2018
Latest Giving Tuesday campaign ideas from marketing-minded nonprofits
by Adam Binkley, Jay Reyes and Ruby Wustrak, 18 Jan 2018
State of Social in 2018
by Ashley Reed, 17 Jan 2018
Top 7 posts of 2017
by Jamie Wigington, 17 Jan 2018
How should SEM experts prepare for voice search? [INFOGRAPHIC]
by DRUM, 17 Jan 2018
7 Digital trends that will change how you market in 2018
by DRUM Media, 17 Jan 2018
What advertisers need to know about Apple's intelligent tracking prevention
by Jerelle Gainey, 06 Oct 2017
Using direct mail to reactivate online customers
by Rosann Bartle, 22 Sep 2017
Bing shop ‘til you drop
by Hailee Sosnowski, 14 Aug 2017
Finding a web design process that works
by Todd Chambers, 02 Aug 2017
3 Commandments for creating incredibly engaging content
by Ben Heiser, 02 Aug 2017
Twitter ads and targeting techniques that work
by Annie Green, 27 Jul 2017
5 benefits of paid social advertising
by Karina Khemani, 14 Jul 2017
Oh snap! Snapchat just upped their ad game
by Traci Hendrix, 12 Jul 2017
Dying is easy, comedy is hard
by Scott Johnson, 10 Jul 2017
Marketing and the meteor test
by Scott Johnson, 05 Jul 2017
The value of local SEO (Even when your customers aren't)
by Gregory Lee, 23 Jun 2017
The best Facebook ad types and targeting options for driving sales
by Annie Green, 15 Jun 2017
Linking online marketing to offline consumer behavior
by Heather Roach, 08 Jun 2017
To push a nonprofit's mission, you have to push with passion
by Nicole Bendel, 05 Jun 2017
7 ways B2B marketers can find success in social media
by Traci Hendrix, 31 May 2017
Google’s data-driven attribution: what you need to know
by Kimberly Honore, 23 May 2017
The skinny on Yahoo's native search retargeting feature
by Shelby Huckeba, 15 May 2017
Why you should always include brand search in your digital strategy
by Katherine Jianas, 04 May 2017
How to use content marketing to finally unify marketing strategies
by Gregory Lee, 16 Apr 2017
5 things we learned at Google’s “Search in 2017 & Beyond” event
by Kimberly Honore, 05 Apr 2017
To sell to the ego, you gotta talk to the id.
by Zoe Courtman-Smith, 04 Apr 2017
Social listening inspires smarter business strategies
by Alicia Trahan, 03 Apr 2017
Brand safety: how programmatic partners protect our clients' brands
by Brittany Altman, 31 Mar 2017
How inactive subscribers can affect deliverability
by Billy McNair, 27 Mar 2017
5 reasons to insist on 1st party data for CRM targeting
by Samantha Halpin, 22 Mar 2017
Conversation, not content, is king
by Scott Johnson, 15 Mar 2017